The manor unique interior is characteristic of the 18th and 19th century manor, and it gives a good overview of the local nobles’ lifestyle. The ground floor of the earlier two story manor houses usually had higher ceilings and it was also more grandiose, for it contained parlours and reception rooms. Bedrooms were on the first floor, and the kitchen and other household rooms were in the basement. The present furniture did not belong to the Pahlens (with the exception of a chair in the general’s room on the second floor), but has been bought as sets or single items from different places in Estonia. The tiled stoves on the ground and first floor, however, are old (from the beginning of 19th century and from the end of the 18th century respectively).
The manor house has become what it is today through several stages. The construction started in 1697. It burned down and was built up again in the end of the 1720s, and then architect J.C.Mohr was commissioned to redesign it in between 1782 and 1785. One of the important features added during the rebuilding are the tiled ovens on the upper floor. Three of them are quite simple – an embossing of the goddess of fortune Tychet in the centre and half columns on the sides. The fourth, however, is a masterpiece: its general form has rococo grace, and its rose petal and leaf decorations are graceful as well. The windows and frames of the house were changed in the 19th century – probably at the same time when the wing seen on a drawing from 1840 was built. The wing was, however, demolished in the 1930s. South-eastern and north-western facades of the house were characterised by a dansker-like toilet that was usable on both floors. The classicistic front door of the manor house is from the 19th century.
When Lahemaa National Park started renovating the building in the end of the 1970s, they had to overcome several problems. The work was made harder for the building having stood empty for a while. It was also not easy to distinguish in between different periods.