Ox Stable

Ehitamise aeg: 
1914

The fieldstone building houses the exhibition ‘Estonian Spirits’, which gives an overview of spirits production from the 15th century onwards.

The leftovers from vodka production were suitable animal fodder, and therefore, stables were usual companions of distilleries. It was calculated that if the distillery produced at least one barrel of vodka a day, then there was enough wash to fatten fifty oxen.

Rajatise ajalugu: 

The first information on an ox stable at Palmse is from the year 1776. The present stable was built in 1914.