Storehouse

Ehitamise aeg: 
1820

The renovated storehouse is an ideal place for putting up various exhibitions.

Customarily, manors usually have more than one storehouse: separate buildings for grains, vodka, meat, and other goods. Following suit, in 1722, Palmse had five storehouses, the largest of which had two stories and a room for coaches in the middle.

Rajatise ajalugu: 

The first storehouse in Palmse manor was built on the south-eastern side of the front courtyard in 1730 when Arend Diedrich von der Pahlen was the lord of the manor. However, its current location does quite correspond to the present one, but was outside the fence surrounding the courtyard and was made of wood. The current stone building was built by Carl Magnus von der Pahlen in the beginning of the 1820s. It was meant for storing grains and vodka – the grain sacks, however, were lifted in through the front arcade, while the vodka barrels were rolled in through the back doors.

When Lahemaa National Park gained ownership of the storehouse in 1973, only its south-western side was still standing, the rest of the building was in ruins. The storehouse was rebuilt by the end of the 1970s, and it is now used as a venue for various exhibitions during the summer months.